"Read, every day, something no one else is reading. Think, every day, something no one else is thinking. Do, every day, something no one else would be silly enough to do. It is bad for the mind to be always part of unanimity." (Christopher Morley)

Monday, March 25, 2013

Stream of thoughts

Sometimes I think about odd stuff when I should be, in fact, thinking about things like biology or psychology. Today such a thought occurred during a Swedish lesson - I was supposed to be thinking about these words and using them as correctly as I could in those tasks we'd been given and as I lost the track of my own thoughts in the process, I found myself thinking about colours and questions. Like, blue. Is my blue the same as your blue? Does my world look the same as yours does? How would I explain "blue" to someone who's never seen it? And going down that road, I found myself wondering about the first question ever made. Who asked the first question? Looking at the stream of thoughts now, I'm sure you can see quite clearly that I must have been very bored during that lesson. But that's the sort of stuff we talk about in philosophy lessons all the time! And that's probably why I love philosophy so much..

On that note, I might also add that I should be reading to my psychology exam right now, but I'm feeling rather uninspired to do so which is the reason why I'm here writing this rather meaningless entry about things that just randomly popped into my mind earlier today or at this very moment. Creative? No. Lazy? Yes. Oh well. I'll get back to my studies in a moment, but right now I just need some space for my thoughts to take their own steps and fly over the imaginative places they've created inside my mind and for me to just have a break from thinking about theories. I think this sort of trade with myself works quite well for short periods of time - Though I never should do it longer than an hour!

Hope you've had a wonderful start to your week!

EDIT: Also, I've been working a bit on a few of the stories I've not finished yet, but it's gonna take me  a while to piece 'em together and make it coherent.

No comments:

Post a Comment