"Read, every day, something no one else is reading. Think, every day, something no one else is thinking. Do, every day, something no one else would be silly enough to do. It is bad for the mind to be always part of unanimity." (Christopher Morley)

Tuesday, January 15, 2013

How'd I end up here!?

I'm pretty sure everyone who's ever used YouTube has experienced this particular feeling.. You know, the "How'd I end up here"-feeling. And I'm so sorry, I just have to, have to share this with you all!

The other day I went on YouTube to listen to this song and well.. There was ANOTHER song in the featured/recommended videos and I just had to listen to it 'cause I hadn't ever heard it before.. (I know, I'm addicted to music and probably the Internet, too..!) That's the way it starts. And then you go to another and another and another and another video..! What I don't understand about my experience, is how I ended up in the Ellen-side of YouTube..! Usually, it gets a lot more weirder than that when you're going from one song to another or - god forbid it - from video to video. You can end up in all sorts of creepy places..! But then, you can also find some cool stuff in there, I for instance didn't know I got watch Ellen on YouTube from an official page - That was a cool thing to know, because I don't think they've brought in a new season of her in Finland in a loooooong while.

Anyhow. Now, I find myself going to YouTube just to watch Ellen instead of listening to music like I used to do, which is cool and stuff but then I listen to a lot of music during breaks and the time spent in the car and that obviously leads to my iPod's battery ALWAYS being empty.. It's a vicious circle! Nah, not really, it'll just make me miss my music if I ever forget to recharge the battery of my iPod, 'cause, really, sometimes it can be really loud during the breaks. All these people packed up in the same place, trying to talk to each other and stuff. To be perfectly honest, I think I mainly listen to music during the breaks, 'cause I don't like loud noises and I find it hard to concentrate on who I was actually talking to when I hear all these conversations around me.

Umgh. This isn't quite what I had in mind, but no matter. I hope you enjoyed my rambling entry and I guess I'll be back here with something else the next time I feel the urge to write (and have the time for it!) Have a great week! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment